Monday, December 23, 2013

Dec. 23, 2013 Bucksport, Maine

Let earth receive her King!!

Dear Family,                      Dec. 23, 2013

So this is probably going to be shorter than usual, but honestly it will be a blessing that I even have the chance to write!!  We have had a massive ice storm here!! It is crazy!! Everything is covered in ice!  We have had to be grounded the past two days.  The weather is insane!  We haven't been to church in two weeks.  

Alright, so pretty much as far as teaching people, we have just taught Valerie.  She is doing amazing!! She is so set for her baptism to be on January 11, and we are so happy for her!  We are going to have Christmas dinner with her and Jason after we go to the Millis's :)  

Miracle of the week:  I have a violin!!!!!  I can't even believe it!!  We went to the community meal and I was talking to someone about the violin and they asked if I would like to borrow one while I am serving in Ellsworth.  Total answer to a prayer.  I have been looking for a violin to accompany Sister Bickel for the song Savior, Redeemer of my Soul.  I am so excited and grateful for this tender mercy!!  It is the greatest ever!! :)  It is a really nice sounding one too!! :)  I love it, and it makes me so happy that I get to play my favorite instrument ever here on my mission!! :)

I am so grateful for this time of year, and I can't believe that Christmas is coming up so fast!!  It flew right by!!  So, while we were grounded we watched a movie that I really enjoyed.  It is called Nora's Christmas Gift.  So, like I said in last week's letter, I've been thinking a lot about giving, but I haven't really thought about receiving.  That is so important too.   Receiving the gift that Christ has so freely given us.  I am so grateful for His life, example, and Atonement.  I need to make sure that I allow Him in my heart.  I need to allow Him to change me, because I know that He will if I let Him.  There are some great scriptures that I've studied about that I don't really have time to talk about, but feel free to give them a look-up.  Alma 5:14, 3 Ne. 9:16-17, 21-22, D&C 39:5, and D&C 112:20.  

Have an amazing Christmas!! I love you all so much, and I can't even describe how happy I am that I get to see/talk with you!! :)  

Let every heart prepare Him room,
Sister Bergeson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment