Monday, January 13, 2014

Bucksport, Maine Jan 13, 2014

All is well!
Dear Family,                                Jan. 13, 2014
I hope that you have had an amazing week!!  It has been extremely crazy here in Ellsworth, but I've found that that is kinda the norm :)  Where to even begin?  Just a warning, my brain is all jumbled up, so sorry if I totally don't make any sense.  Here we go.
I guess I'll just get this said and done so it isn't looming over me as I try to compose this letter.  I am officially getting transferred from the Ellsworth 2 area.  I can't even type it without getting teary-eyed.  I thought that I probably would since I have been here for more than 7 months, but now it is real.  And it certainly isn't easy.  But I'll forever cherish the memories that I have made here.  And this week we most definitely made many more of those!! :)
So, pretty much the beginning of the week was pretty boring.  I have this super annoying cold that just hasn't wanted to go away.  I really don't like colds.  Nope, not at all.  We did teach Valerie twice this week with Sister Millis, and it was awesome :)  She was just beaming both times and was soo excited for the 11th!! :)  And for good reason too! :)  Saturday was quite the day.  It was most certainly the highlight of the whole week, by far!! It was pretty much the greatest day EVER!!  The best wedding that I have ever attended by far!!  It was really small and sweet, and they are just so happy!!  It was perfect!  Her baptism was as well.  I could hardly contain all of my emotions.  Seeing the change that has been made in her and in Jason as well has been awesome!  Her father-in-law baptized her, and it was beautiful!  I was also just so happy that I was able to be there and witness all of it!  We played Savior Redeemer of my Soul too, and it was the greatest ever!  What a miracle to be able to play the violin on my mission.  Especially play the violin for Valerie's baptism.  The spirit was so strong!  I don't even know what else to say. 
So, after that amazing occasion, we went back to our apartment and changed into jeans and went out to Kaila's to haul wood.  Yep.  In the middle of winter, in freezing rain, we hauled a cord of wood into Kaila's house to dry.  It was pretty much the greatest service project EVER! :)  We also looked beautiful.  Very, very beautiful! :)  I'm really glad that we were able to help her though!  It has been a rough winter for them, but Kaila is staying strong!  She has been to church the past two weeks and she even was at Valerie's baptism!! :)  It was so great to see her there!  I just love her so much!  She is an amazing friend!
After, we went back to our apartment and awaited transfer calls.  I don't know why they make us wait and wait, but it was pretty much torture.  They called around 9:30 and told me that I would be leaving and be assigned as senior companion elsewhere.  That was a hard night.  But somewhere inside I knew that everything would be alright.  I knew that I wouldn't be able to stay in my beloved Bucksport forever.  I'll be able to make new friends in my new area and be touched by even more people!  But it is most certainly bitter-sweet. 

Sunday was fantastic though!  We went to church and Valerie was confirmed!! :)  It was so awesome!  I was also able to play the violin with Sister Batteline for my last sacrament meeting there.  It worked out so well.  We played If you could Hie to Kolob, and I just loved it!  A testimony builder that Heavenly Father knows and cares about me.  He knew the joy that I would have doing this, and it made the day so much sweeter.  Overall, the talks were amazing and it was probably the greatest sacrament meeting I have ever attended in the Ellsworth Branch. :)  So good.  After, I pretty much took pictures will all the amazing people that I've met here.  So many amazing examples and memories with these members here!  I just love them!! :)  They have changed my life for the better.  I will definitely be back here to visit, maybe live, later on that is for sure!! :)  We drove around the rest of the day so that I could have last visits with the members.  I was able to talk with all three of my converts, which was such a blessing.  They are all doing really well, and I just feel so blessed!  I have been able to see the branch grow so much! :) 
Overall, I know that everything happens in the Lord's timing.  God has a plan for me, and right now I need to learn more somewhere else.  I will always remember my time spent here.  I have seen so much growth in myself and my relationship with my Savior has increased immensely.  I will continue to trust in Him and journey on!  I feel like a pioneer, not knowing exactly what is ahead, but knowing that no matter what, I'm doing what God would have me do.  My heart is full of joy!  I am so grateful that I am on a mission!  That I have had the chance to see so many miracles! And there are only more to come!  I know that this church is true, and I know that I will love wherever the Lord will send me next. 
All is well!
Sister Bergeson

No comments:

Post a Comment