Monday, October 6, 2014

Oct. 6, 2014 Littleton, N.H.

Follow the Prophet
Hello, hello!!                       Oct. 6, 2014
So, I hope that you had a super duper awesome conference weekend!!!!! :) :)  I absolutely LOVE the time of year when conference comes around!  I was definitely hungry for some spiritual food!  And now, I'm feeling pretty full, but I'll talk more about that later.. :)  Thank you, thank you for the package, loved it!  Also, something pretty cool.. I taught Sister Maxwell how to crochet (well, more like provided the needle and yarn and she pretty much taught herself from there), and we had quite a ball! :)  Other than conference this week has been pretty interesting...
Monday night I was feeling the effects of my cold and totally lost my voice.  It just disappeared!  I thought it was quite funny at the beginning, but by Thursday I was kind of tired of it.  A lot.  I didn't feel super sick, just tired and lots of congestion, especially in my chest, but my voice just wasn't wanting to work.  Being a missionary and not having a working voice isn't the greatest combination, but I kept croaking my way through day to day.  I decided I'd at least call someone to ask if they knew what was going on, so the mission doctor listened as I described the symptoms, and pretty quickly told me I had...laryngitis.  So, that has been a pretty fun adventure!! :)  I'm just starting to get my voice back now, which has been a total blessing!  I'll never take my voice for granted again!!!
We were able to do some fun things with members this week!  I love family home evenings, and we were finally able to do one with a family, and it was super fun!!  Reminded me of all the great times that we had when I was growing up gathering together and spending quality time with each other!  I'm so grateful that we had regular FHE's, memories :)  We were also able to help S. Mann move out of her apartment, which was bittersweet.  I'll miss her being so close to us, but soon she'll be heading out to Equador and I'm so excited for her.  I've learned so much from her, and I just love her so much! :)  We taught a bunch of members this week as well!  We've really been focusing on the Book of Mormon, and it has been going fantastic!  So, pretty much, miracle of the week.  We had an incredible lesson with Hansel (the miracle member we found when we were street contacting)! It was so amazing, and totally 100% directed by the Spirit!  He read the introduction to the Book of Mormon like we asked him to do last time, so we talked about the last two paragraphs over again with him so we could discuss them.  We talked about how important it is to pray with faith, and he was having a hard time with that one.  He is really a logical thinker and way philosophical, so he was always trying to take things deeper and he asked lots of questions about everything.  So, pretty much we tried to keep things as basic as possible, because he's not going to gain a testimony of deeper doctrine until he has a solid understanding of the basics, like faith.  We focused on faith the whole entire time, using Alma 32 (love!), and emphasized how important it is to know truth for ourselves.  I felt the presence of the Holy Ghost as we bore testimony to him about our own quests for truth,  the knowledge that we've gained, and how that has blessed us in our lives.  I also feel like my faith was strengthened as I shared my testimony.  I'm so grateful I have the chance to be a missionary and testify of gospel truths!
The day after that lesson was conference!!  Again, I just loved it so much and I felt the Spirit really strong (D&C 68:4).  Also,  I feel like so many of the talks tied in with what we discussed with Hansel.  I love how gaining a personal testimony through continuing revelation was mentioned so much.  Also, building our foundations on Jesus Christ!  I just loved all the talks, and I feel like it was exactly what I needed right now.  I know that having the opportunity to serve a mission has helped me so much in my process of building upon the rock of my Redeemer.  I've definitely experienced trials as I've been out, but I know that as I've put my trust in the Savior and tried to follow His example and teachings, I've been supported and strengthened.  In the moment it seems the trials are difficult, but over time as I look at the big perspective, I know I was given them to help me stretch and grow.  I know that my life will never be free of difficulties or trials.  Satan will continue to send his mighty winds to try to shake my foundation, rock me out of the boat, and let go of the rod, but I know that as long as I keep the faith I'll be able to withstand.  I'm so grateful for the experiences I've had that have taught me this, as well as the people who have gone before me that I've looked up too, like, Joseph Smith and especially the Lord, Jesus Christ.  I know that as I follow their examples and teachings, along with the teachings of modern day prophets and apostles, I'll be blessed!
I love you all so much!!  I'm so grateful that we're a family :)  Have a wonderful week!
"Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." (D&C 1:38)
Sister Bergeson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment