Monday, November 10, 2014

Nov. 10. 2014 Littleton, New Hampshire

We are Sowing
Family, family, family!!!!!!                     Nov. 10, 2014
Hey there!  I hope that you've all had a great week!! :)  I also hope Amy and Erin had a good 20th birthday!!  I still can't quite believe that.  Nope.  So, I must say that this week has been much calmer in comparison to last week, that's for sure!  And just so you know, I totally forgot to mention transfer calls last week...we didn't get one!  Yay, I get to spend my last transfer with Sister Maxwell here in the Lyndon area!!  We've got a lot of great stuff happening this transfer too, so I'm really excited!  I just love it here so much :) 
So, to start off, volunteering this week was absolutely insane!  The senior center was absolutely packed!  It was the best though!  All starting off with this old guy on the street, Larry coming up and talking to us.  Now, Larry is a pretty funny guy, he isn't quite all there, and every time he sees us he goes up to Sister Maxwell and says, "you're a pretty girl, I like you."  So, he did it again, but he also unexpectedly grabbed her and gave her a big hug!  Her face was priceless.  Larry...thanks for the memory!  But, it doesn't stop there, so many old men hit on her at the senior center it was a hoot!  We don't know what it is, but those old men just love her!  We also did service for Sister Davis, who has been having a super hard time with her health.  It was great to try to help her get her new apartment unpacked.  Man, her life is just crazy! 

As far as teaching lessons, we met with quite a few less-actives, including Hansel, finally, but again, it was a pretty confusing discussion.  He loves getting into super deep stuff.  He says it doesn't matter either way if we live after this life or it's the end.  I don't know...it just doesn't make any sense to me.  Still goes back to agency with him..  Stephen, wasn't feeling too well this week which was a bummer, so we just saw him once.  Whitney came out with us on Friday, which was a blast!  She is so great, it's such a blessing to be able to serve with her while she's preparing to serve her own mission! 
We had some great member meals this week!  Sister Mann took us to a restaurant a couple of days before she left, which was so great.  I just love that lady sooo much!  She is fantastic and such a great example to me!  I'm glad we got to spend some more time with her, and now she is in Salt Lake :)  We also ate with a family we didn't really know very well, but who are totally wonderful!! They are more to themselves, but super hilarious!  They also have the cutest little boy in the whole world!  Always great to get to know members better! :)  It all ended with eating at the Donovan's, best ever!  They invited Bro. Donovan's (he's a less-active member) niece and her son over as well.  She has been through so many hard things, and just had a recent tragedy.  The spirit was so strong as we talked about the Plan of Salvation and as her family bore their testimonies to her about the truthfulness of the gospel.  She has so much support, and we're so excited to teach her more!!  Hooray for new investigators members find for us!! :)  It really seems like the members are so ready and excited to do missionary work, and we've heard about lots of opportunities they've been given to share the gospel!  Seriously, members are the absolute best!!
Sunday we were driving to church and we get a call from Sister Davis...she was absolutely exhausted from all the work we did with her the day before and asked if we could teach Young Women's for her.  We said yes, and man it was pretty awesome to be in Young Women's again!! :)  Loved it!  Also loved talking with the Young Women about all the questions people have asked them about their religious beliefs.  Being the only members in their schools, they've had some pretty cool experiences and they are such great examples! :)  I loved hearing about how they handled the situations they were put in and really, the responses that they got were really positive!  Missionary work is so exciting, and I love hearing about how other people have shared the good news of the gospel and planted seeds!! :) 
The rest of the time we spent finding, finding, finding!  My attitude towards finding has changed so much since the beginning of my mission.  I dreaded it so much and it was so difficult to open my mouth, but really pushing myself and practicing has helped a lot.  Not to mention having divine help, can't forget that!  I love talking with people now!  Everyone is so different and they have some pretty interesting views about life.  Overall, I just love learning from them and getting to know them wherever they are! :)  Street contacting is probably my favorite now.  You never know what will happen!  Yesterday we stopped this guy who was wearing a skirt and smoking the biggest cigar I've ever seen in my life.  We ended up talking with him for quite a while and he mentioned that he had talked with missionaries before.  Hopefully we were able to clear up some of the issues he had and we'll be able to see him again!  Another day this week we actually walked past this guy and didn't stop him.  He was walking super fast, but I still felt pretty bad we didn't get to meet him.  Later, we were walking towards the bridge and we see the same guy walking towards us, and this time he stopped us.  He wanted to know what we were doing and how he could learn more.  It was awesome!  He's been going through a rough time and said he could really use some help.  God's plan is pretty awesome!  I love how He places people in your path at just the right time!  Also, we have a new neighbor who has been talking with us a lot and said that he wants to have 'a study' with us!  Overall, the Lord has really been providing as we've been doing all we can to open our mouths and share the gospel.
It has reminded me of what I've been studying this past week in the New Testament.  I've been reading the parable of the sower, and I just love it so much!  I feel like I've been throwing seeds all over this area and my desire to do so is only increasing.  I feel like I've talked to more people here than I have in both my old areas combined.  Pretty sure!  I love living so close to Main Street!!  Sometimes I feel like with the amount of people we've come in contact with we should be having more success teaching.  Jesus's teachings helped me realize, however, that the seed will only grow based on the condition of the soil, which is something that I can't really control.  There are so many variables I have no power over, but I can choose whether or not I'll try to plant the seed!  From there I have no clue what will happen, but I can trust in God and His timing for His children!  What a blessing to be able to plant seeds here in New England!! 
Have a great week family!! I love you so much!! Look and pray for opportunities to share the gospel and plant a seed!!
You can count how many seeds are in an apple, but you can't count how many apples are in a seed.
Sister Bergeson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment