Monday, November 24, 2014

Nov. 24, 2014 Littleton, New Hampshire

Live in Thanksgiving Daily

Family!                                               Nov. 24, 2014
I hope that you all have had one spectacular week! :)  Sounds like you've got a great week ahead of you as well!  Hooray for Thanksgiving!  The best season of the year is coming in at full force, and I'm just so excited!  Littleton is starting to light up :)
The week started out pretty great!  We went over to Whitney's house and did crafts and stuff with her, which was a blast!  Then we had a wonderful dinner and family home evening with her family.  We talked all about how grateful we were for the gospel, especially the Book of Mormon!  We each wrote our testimony in one and highlighted some of our favorite verses in them to give them out.  So, I've done this quite a lot for family home evenings/young women activities and stuff, but I realized that I've never actually done it myself!  I'm really excited to do it, and I know that the Lord will direct me to the person who needs it. 
We had some pretty great lessons this week and got to get to know a lot of incredible people.  We finally got in with Susan, the awesome lady we met on the street.  Finally!  And she is probably the most awesome lady ever, ever!!  I love her and her daughter so much.  The Spirit is so strong in their home and they are just so kind and loving!  They love the Church as well :)  Definitely have a good feeling about them! :)  Also, we had a blast making cookies with our investigators! Jeanette is so sweet, and their is never a dull moment with her and John.  They have a difficult time remembering things, so having me and Jeanette in the kitchen was quite amusing!  Although we may have made a few errors, the cookies were the greatest I've ever tasted (well...actually, I take that back. I don't think anything beats Erin's cookies! :)).  We also talked about gratitude with them which was great! :)  The lesson that took the cake this week was without a doubt Duncan's, though.  Hooray for a new investigator!! :)  It really has been amazing the see the blessings that we've seen the past couple of weeks in this area! :)  So, this guy is quite hilarious, and he has some crazy stories.  We met him by the covered bridge and he came up to us and told us he wanted us to teach him, can't remember if I wrote about that when it happened or not...  Anyways, we finally got a lesson set up with him and we were able to bring an awesome member with us.  He was super open about wanting to find answers about life, and the spirit was really strong.  He said he'd gone through some tough things and he wants to get his life in order again.  He then went on to tell us about his life.  Wow.  Never would have guessed all the hardships he's had to overcome.  I learned so much from him as we had that discussion.  Overall, it went really well and he later called to thank us for teaching him.  I love getting to know people so much.  Everyone has a different story.  I love being a missionary; I feel like I'm finding the joy that comes from looking on a person's heart instead of their outward appearance (1 Sam 16:7). 
It definitely is something I'm still working on for sure though!  There is this family in the ward that I have always been a bit afraid of.  Mainly just the mom, though.  I don't know what gave me such a negative impression of her, but somehow it came.  So, when I found out that we were scheduled to have dinner with them, it was like, instant fear.  I was bracing myself for the worst, honestly.  However, I was determined to find something good about her before the night was through.  And...I ended up finding endless good things about her!  She is such an incredible woman who has been through many challenges, but was able to overcome them because of Jesus Christ.  She is such an example to me!  I'm grateful that I was able to get to know her more and learn from her!
I'm grateful for all the wonderful people that I've met on my mission!  Thinking about it, I'm so grateful for so many things!  I love this time of year where we focus on what we've been blessed with.  Yesterday at church it really hit me how much more grateful I am for things of a spiritual nature than those of a physical nature.  In the end, nothing I'll ever own will follow me into the eternal world.  What really matters is what is within me and who I've become.  I'm grateful for the gospel, for Jesus Christ who is the center of all I believe.  I love Him so much and am especially grateful for His love for me.  I'm grateful for the scriptures and all I'm learning about my Savior from them.  I'm grateful for the peace and joy that the knowledge of the gospel gives me in my life, and especially for the chance to share it with other people! :)
I'm so grateful for you as well, dear family!! :)  I hope you have an incredible Thanksgiving!
Alma 34:38,
Sister Bergeson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment