Monday, December 1, 2014

Dec. 1, 2014 Littleton, New Hampshire

He is the Gift
Family, family, family!! :)                         Dec. 1, 2014

So, I hope that you had a wonderful week and a fantastic Thanksgiving!  This past week has been extremely crazy, yep.  I really don't believe that it is December.  I feel like time just needs to take a break for a second and stop going by so fast!  Hmm...where to even start?

So, we had our zone interviews on Tuesday and I had lots of mixed feelings about it.  My last zone interviews means my exit interview, which I kind of didn't really want to happen...  But, I decided to go anyways.  I'm glad I did.  We got to meet with president first, which was great cause then I didn't have to think about it the whole day.  So, President Stoker is amazing.  I really am so glad that he's my mission president! :)  I've learned so much from him since I've served here, and it has been awesome to see how the mission has changed since I've been here.  Awesome!!  During my interview I really got to reflect on my time here, and man, it really has been incredible!!  I love being a missionary!  It was great being able to talk about what I've learned with president, and it really has just been SO much!  It was sad with it being the last one though.. still don't know how I feel about that..  Anyways, now to something much more joyful!  For our zone meeting, we were introduced to the initiative, He is the Gift.  It pretty much  is the greatest thing ever! :)  I love this time of year, absolutely love it.  I can't even express how grateful I am to have the chance to be here for another Christmas season!  It is the greatest time to talk about our Savior, and with what the church has done to utilize it...wow.  I love the video they put out and the pass-along cards we have!  Overall, it just made me so excited!  Not gonna lie, I've definitely felt the effects of working, working, working; it's tiring.  I feel like this is the boost I need to power me through to the end!! :)  

So, after our meeting we had our exchange meeting and Sister Maxwell headed back to Littleton with Sister May!  Super excited that I have my past comp as my sister training leader, she's awesome! :)  I stayed with Sister Brown (who was in my MTC district!) in Montpelier.  That was quite the exchange!  So, after the meeting we had a dinner appointment with the greatest Mexican woman, she's awesome!  She was running late so we pretty much had a cooking class and made some super delicious pizza!  Then the next day we taught a sweet investigator and did some finding.  As we were finding we got a text.  Pretty much it said.. your grounded.  No more driving for us that day!  Well, that threw quite a few things off!  The snow was coming down pretty hard and it was going to snow the rest of the day, so I'm glad we weren't out and about in it.  Pretty much we just extended our exchange!  It was a blast, we walked to a members house and helped her make Christmas ornaments then had dinner with her and her husband.  They were baptized less than a year ago, and they are just fantastic!  Super glad that I got to meet them! :)  We walked home in the fresh snow and it was just beautiful!  No one was out and it was just serene and peaceful.  I love New England!! :)  

So, our Thanksgiving ended up being different than planned, but for the better!! :)  We woke up, drove off to exchange back (in our pajamas!) and made it to the Goodrich farm safely.  So, President Goodrich is in the mission presidency and he is like, one of my favorite people ever.  I just love him!  He and Sister Goodrich had us come inside and eat some fresh cookies for breakfast :)  I'm glad that I got to see them again!  It was a great way to start off Thanksgiving!  Then, by the time we got back home (so, adventure..our car doesn't really like this weather.  We couldn't get up the hill and into our parking area so we parked at the bottom and walked..in our pjs..that was fun.), and through our morning routine, it was pretty much time to go to the Vines's for Thanksgiving Dinner (that started at 1 pm) :)  We didn't really know them all too well, but were super glad that they invited us over!!  It was a blast and I sure did eat way too much!  The best was Sister Vines's award-winning apple pie and her homemade ice cream!  Yummy!!  We shared a Thanksgiving message with them and we all said what we're thankful for :)  It was great!  They're a part member family as well, so that was great to get to know them better, and they both said that they wanted us to stop by more often so, yay!!  It was a pretty memorable day!!

Friday there was this awesome Christmas parade in Littleton.  We got to talk to quite a lot of people about He is the Gift! :)  Also got to see some of the parade as well.  They totally had a pet parade with tons of dogs dressed up in Christmas outfits...New Englanders and their animals are the best! :)  Overall, super great :)  The rest of the day was pretty interesting though.  I got some wood stuck in my leg.. the kitchen chairs don't like me.. That was pretty interesting.  I told Sister Maxwell it will be like having a piece of New England with me always :)  

Saturday we did service wrapping Christmas presents for people at a bookstore, that was awesome!! :)  And Sunday...was Sister Maxwell's birthday!! She is officially 20 years old!!  Church was great and I'm seriously getting so excited for the festival of choirs, our ward choir sounds pretty awesome if I do say so myself!! :)  For dinner, we had a fun time celebrating by setting up our Christmas tree and making brownies :)  

What a week!!  Can I just say that I love Christmas again?  I really do.  I'm all set to finish reading the gospels soon.  It's only taken me like... more than a year, but I'm determined to do it!  I love learning about Christ and His life.  Everything He did for us.  Truly a gift.  I love the invitations He extends and my recent favorite is to "come and see" (John 1:39).  I know that this Christmas season I want to accept that invitation by doing more to use more fully His gift!  

I love you all so much!  Have a great week!!

O come, all ye faithful!
Sister Bergeson

No comments:

Post a Comment