Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dec. 8, 2014 Littleton, New Hampshire

O Little Town of Bethlehem

Family!!                      Dec. 8, 2014

This has been a wonderful week filled with Christmas! :)  I just love this time of year sooo much! :)  I hope that you've been enjoying the season and that you had a great week!  I don't have too much time today, sadly, so we'll see how well I can pack everything in..

We did a bunch of volunteering on Tuesday.  The senior center, of course, but also a community meal in town.  Littleton is just the greatest little town ever!!  I love it here so much, and they have so much going on, it is the best! :)  All these churches and organizations got together and they have this giant community meal every Tuesday, and they all switch off putting together.  It was great being able to see it happen and help out with it! :)  We also had a lesson with our investigator who wanted us to come over even after he had surgery that day.  Pretty sweet!  He felt really good and seemed much happier now that it's all over and done with.

Wednesday was interesting.  It started out super great, which was good because later we got texts from two different people who were in crisis situations.  That was kind of stressful, but with good attitudes we were able to get it figured out.  Definitely learned a lot on my mission and I'm grateful for the people that I've known and the examples they've been to me, good and bad.  That night we helped the Young Women paint a bunch of Christmas ornaments, which was a lot of fun!  They're going to hand them out to people while they go caroling.  Also, we've been able to use the He is the Gift cards quite a lot, and we've had so much fun talking to people on the street about what they love most about this time of year.  Good stuff!  We've been able to see lots of members and talk with them about He is the Gift as well.  I love it so much :)

So, our crazy day was most definitely Saturday.  We woke up and it was snowing and snowing and snowing!  We had our ward Christmas party early in the morning, and we were kind of worried how the drive there would be.  We made it, although the roads were pretty slick. It was a great party with delicious food and a talent show afterwords.  We ended up getting signed up to do a musical number with Whitney, a member who's almost headed off the the MTC.  She played the clarinet and we sang with her.  It was pretty exciting trying to hit some high notes, but it was a great experience :)  After that was a baptism of a 8 yr. old girl in the ward.  I was glad we were able to attend, the spirit was so strong!  After that it was still snowing, showing no sign of letting up.  We made it home safely and did some shoveling.  Then we headed to 'Christmas in Bethlehem'...New Hampshire.  It was so much fun!!  We talked with a lot of people.  There were people singing Christmas songs, a bunch of free food, they lit a huge Christmas tree and had a giant bonfire.  The best part of the night was definitely the fireworks, though :)  It was pretty sweet! 

Sunday was also pretty great!  Church was good, then we had our last choir rehearsal till the day of the Festival of Choirs, fun!  After, we went to Bro. Lassen's daughter's birthday party for dinner.  It was so much fun being there!  They had just decorated the huge Christmas tree and there was Christmas music playing.  Lots of their family was there and we had a huge feast!  Bro. Lassen is such an amazing cook, it was wonderful :)  The best was the cake at the end though!  Rich chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and filling...I was in heaven :)  

This time of year just makes me happy!  Sister Maxwell and I are actually reading this book, Our Search for Happiness, by Elder Ballard.  Today we read about how happiness is the greatest of all riches.  I definitely agree.  It makes me happy to know that God loves me and that He sent His Son to atone for my sins.  Today, in one of my favorite parts he says, " You can never look at yourself in the same way if you know that you are a child of God and that He knows you, loves you, and cares about you.  And you can never look at others dispassionately if you know that they are your eternal brothers and sisters who, like you, are here on earth trying to learn and grow through mortal experiences, both good and bad."  What a great blessing to be able to know we're children of God! :)   I know that as I continue to strive to follow the Savior, I'll continually grow closer to Him and feel of His love for me.  I also know I'll have a greater desire to serve others which makes me happy as well!

Love you so much family!!  Have a fantastic week!

Where meek souls will receive him, still the dear Christ enters in.
Sister Bergeson :)







No comments:

Post a Comment