Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sept. 2, 2013, Bucksport, Maine



Hello Family!!                           Sept. 2, 2013
I hope that you are all having a great holiday today!  I wasn't going to be able to email because the library is closed, but hooray I am actually emailing at the church right now :)  This has been quite the fun day! Kind of sad though.  We had a big branch lobster cookout planned at a park by the beach in Blue Hill, and it was going to be this big fun thing we invited a lot of less-actives and investigators to, BUT.. of course it is pouring and has been all day.  We were going to go to the Blue Hill fair too ( fun fact: the fair there is the one that Charlotte's Web is based off of) which would have been so much fun, but everything worked out and we still had a good lobster bake at the church.  Yes, I said lobster.  Um.. I still don't like it too much, but it was better in a roll.  They mix the meat up with mayo and put celery and lettuce and stuff in it and put it in a hot dog bun looking thing.  I ate the whole thing though!  The branch activities are really fun :)  I'm glad that we got to celebrate Labor Day a little bit despite the awful weather.  We also got to go candle pin bowling, which was such a different experience.  Much harder!  I had never heard of it, but it is totally a New England thing.  There are ten skinny pins and you bowl with a small ball with three tries to knock down the pins and they don't clear the ones you hit off the lane.  It was quite fun :)
So, this week.  It flew by so fast!  I can't believe that there is only one more week left this transfer.  We have transfer calls on Saturday, and I am a bit nervous about them.  Last transfer we pretty much knew we were staying in Ellsworth, but now I really have no idea what could happen.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see and leave it all up to the Lord.  I love the Ellsworth area though, and Sister Wallentine is one of the most amazing people I have ever met!  We have a blast together :)  We found a couple new investigators this week which was great because our only progressing investigator, James, who works on a ship and so leaves for two months at a time for the job is gone and won't be back until November.  He was doing really well though.  We tracted into him, and he has been reading the Book of Mormon a lot and he has been to church three Sundays in a row.  Hopefully he will keep reading at work!  Also, Kaila is still doing amazing!  I hope that the pictures I sent worked!  As far as new investigators, we found a nice family who are very religious and had a lesson with them last Friday.  They know the Bible really well, and it was the first lesson I have had where there were trying to convert us to their religion.  We had a good discussion though and they are such a strong couple.  I am just so grateful that we have the Book of Mormon because it really does help with my understanding of the Bible.  It makes life much less confusing :)  I am also so grateful that God's plan for us is one of happiness!  That was one thing that we talked about that they had an issue with.  But I know that we really can find joy in this life, and it brings me so much hope to know that God loves me so much that he wants me to find peace and happiness!  Such a blessing!! :)  Hmm.. what else?  There is so much that happened but so little time and when I feel pressed for time I feel like I forget everything I was going to write.  Figures :) 
I studied a lot about humility this week, which really opened my eyes about how I need to chance to become better and more Christ-like.  I read the talk, Beware of Pride by Ezra Taft Bensen and it was amazing!  Quite the slap in the face.  I know that it is so important that we humble ourselves and come closer to God by praying, forgiving others, and not comparing ourselves to others, among many other things.  It is great to know though that I don't have to be perfect.  That is why we have Jesus Christ!! I can turn to Him and repent and be forgiven.  I am so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel! I love sharing it with others! 
Well, have a fantastic week!  Love you all so, soo much!
Sister Bergeson :)


No comments:

Post a Comment