Monday, September 30, 2013

Sept. 30, 2013 Bucksport, Maine



Hello hello family :)                  Sept. 30, 2013
How are you all doing this week?  I feel like I have no idea because the letters that you send me take super a long time to get to me for some reason or another.  I hope that all is well :) 
I really don't have too much to tell you this week that was any different from last week.  I love this area so, so, soooo much it is amazing!!  Yet, the Lord really wants us to learn patience and diligence because it has been so slow lately.  It has been two weeks and we haven't found any new people to teach regularly which is kinda hard. We did tract someone down who checked out our groceries at wal-mart.  She gave us her street name and we figured we'd go find her, and it actually turned out well!! Her mother-in-law just loved us:)  it was super fun, and we're going to go back soon, but no real lesson. The people here are great and we set up appointments with investigators, but they just keep falling through.  Although it is a bit discouraging, I know that everything that I'm going through is meant to be for my good.  Not everyone is a Kaila, that is for sure!!  But there are people looking, we just need to keep on praying they will be put in our path and have the faith to open our mouths and share the greatest message they will ever hear :) 
So, even though we didn't get any non-member lessons, we have done a lot of things with the members in the branch this week!  More than we ever have I feel like, and it is awesome!! :)  I love the members here in Maine!  They are amazing!  We have set the goal to try to visit every active member in our area's house, and it is going great! :)  They are so nice and inviting to us.  I told one of the members that I loved license plates and he got me a Maine state license plate!! I just love it!! :) We also went to three dinner appointments, which is always so much fun to be able to be in the member's houses.  Saturday was such a fun day, too!  All our appointments fell through so when we went to a member's house to help split and stack their wood ( wood stoves are super common out here, and so there are huge piles of wood outside of everyone's houses, it's awesome!!)  we stayed like all day and did about 3 cords of their wood!! It was hard work, but they were so grateful for our help. Service!! I just love, love, love service!! :)  I'm super sore, but it was well worth it!! :) 

Then later that day we had the Relief Society broadcast, and it was amazing!! A great reminder about the importance of the covenants I have made at baptism and in the temple.  It is such a blessing that we can make sacred promises to the Lord!! :)  I am so grateful for Him and the love that He has for me.  I am also so grateful for a living prophet on the earth!  General Conference is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited.  actually more than excited!  I love this time of year and I'm grateful to have the chance to hear what the Lord has to say to us through the prophet and apostles :)  Although, I have to admit I will really miss adding on squares to the conference blanket.  Make sure that you do lots :) 
On Sunday we had lunch at a member's beautiful lake house. It was incredible!  We had a New England boiled dinner, and vanilla ice cream with pure maple syrup and pecans.  Delicious!  I just can't believe the love that I have for the members.  They are such great examples to me, and I have learned so much from them.  They are so willing to sacrifice and to help us out! 
Also, today was a fantastic P-day!  The weather has been great, the trees are changing a bit more, and Sister Millis took us to Sand Beach again :)  She is so great, I just think she is awesome!  We had such a great adventure with her and her cute daughter :) I love the ocean so much!
One thing that has really been on my mind lately is the importance of scripture study.  What a blessing to be able to read the word of God every day.  I'm learning so much from my daily study and it really brings the spirit :)  The little things really do make the biggest difference :)  No matter what goes on around me I am in control of whether or not I pray, read the scriptures, go to church, and live the gospel.  I know that if I do these things the Lord will be with me every step of the way!
Have a fantastic week!
Remember to do the little things!
Sister Bergeson


No comments:

Post a Comment