Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nov. 12, 2013 Bucksport, Maine

What a week. EXCLAMATION POINT!
Hello, hello!!                 Nov. 12, 2013
How are you all doing?  I got the package you sent me and it was great!  Thank you so much! :)  It is great hearing from you!  So, I don't really have too much time, but I definitely want to fill you in on this crazy week, so it will probably be scattered, but here it goes. 
The beginning of the week started of with a bang.  We had a great FHE lesson with a less-active and her daughter who are hilarious.  Really!  I love them so much.  She and her older daughters pretty much convinced her daughter that she was going to turn into an ostrich for a whole year and a half.  They are so silly!! :)  (don't worry, she knows that she won't now).  Then, on Tuesday we had a lot of member visits, and it was fantastic!  I love the members in our branch!  They all have such cool stories of how they ended up in Ellsworth, ME, it is great!  I just love being in their homes and talking with them about the gospel!  They are getting more and more excited about missionary work too, which is great!  Missionary work has just been stressed so much within the branch and stake this week :)  Awesome :)
Wednesday on we kinda started to get a bit sick, which was no fun :(  It is definitely getting a lot colder!  Hence our colds.  But we've made it through and are now on the road to recovery!  Hooray!  Our stress has gone way down now that we've made it through the weekend :)  So, pretty much Friday was our sick day.  Neither of us were feeling well and we had to take a nap after our weekly planning.  Then later, we had a lesson with Vijay that fell through because of miscommunication.  Overall, not the best day, but boy Saturday was one for the books!  James is back!!  We went and saw him and he is doing so well!! We went and volunteered at the clothes closet (the free clothes place I may or may not have written about, I don't know).  And it was great!  I love free clothes :)  After we did that, we got a message from a non-member that she had set everything up for us to perform for a benefit concert.  It was crazy from that time on.  We drove down with her to the concert which was held at a school, and I was super, super scared, but it was amazing!! :)  It happened, I survived, and I grew a lot!! :)  I can certainly do hard things! 
Then on Monday we had zone conference!  I wish that I could tell you word for word everything that was said.  It was amazing!  Elder Nielson came and toured our mission (he spoke in conference about exclamation points!)  and boy he is amazing!!  He has so much energy!  He is exactly like how he was in conference :)  They talked a lot about the story of Ammon, about being leaders, about being unified in our companionship's, about prayer, about covenants, about marriage, and about working hard and being good missionaries!! :)  It was great!  I loved being able to listen to my leaders and feel the excitement of the hastening of the work!! 
I love you all so much!!  Have a great week!! :)
Sister Bergeson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment