Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014 Bethel, Maine

You can't get there from here :)
Dear Family!!                                    March 17, 2014

I hope that you are all doing well!!  I've heard that there is nice weather there in Utah.  I thought that it was finally starting to warm up here too, but well.  That isn't really how things work in Maine it seems like.  We got hit with a huge, huge, huge storm.  Like, 2 feet of snow.  It was insane.  This whole week was just a bunch of business and craziness!  So, Wednesday the snow started coming down really hard, but luckily we still got to meet with some people before we got grounded.  We weren't allowed to drive the car on Thursday because the schools were closed and even if they weren't we wouldn't have been able to drive.  We have a driveway that is one tenth of a mile long and a whole bunch of trees decided that they wanted to lay right down over it.  It was a feat just darting the trees to walk to the main road.  Way exciting!  We had a good time, and I don't think I've ever seen a scene that has looked more like Narnia in my life.  Beautiful and snowy!! :)  

But, luckily, even though our landlord and bishop (our only neighbors) were in Utah, they called someone to come and move the trees out of the way so we could drive to Augusta for zone interviews!  I love zone interviews :)  They are awesome.  We have a fantastic mission president!  The next day we had the adult stake conference session in Topsham which was amazing!!  All about missionary work!  Totally boosted me up! :)  And then the next day we had conference in Westbrook by Portland Maine.  Now we are going to go to Auburn for district p-day today.  If you can look these places up on Google Maps or something you will see that we have done soooooooo much travelling the past couple of days.  I've never spent so much time in a car in my life than on my mission.  But, I am so grateful for those things!!  I don't know how we would be able to survive here in New England without them!  

As far as our investigators go, they are doing well.  We had really good lessons yesterday.  My testimony of following the spirit to teach people instead of lessons has totally been strengthened!  We taught The McLarens, a wonderful less-active couple who I just LOVE, and were able to address some of their concerns, and we were also able to teach Luis and Sheny.  Luis's lesson was totally inspired and the spirit was so strong!  We'll keep on teaching and testifying!  Overall, the lessons that we were able to have were very good, and I am just so grateful for all the wonderful people I get to teach and my awesome companion I get to teach with!! :)

Alright, well, because we have to go to district p-day I don't have a lot of time, but I do want to say that I finished the missionary chapters of the Book of Mormon :)  Alma 17-28!! :)  They are soooo good!! :)  I love being able to learn from the examples of such amazing missionaries!  The Book of Mormon is such a blessing!! I am so grateful for it and for the influence it has in my life!

Love you so much and have an amazing week!!

Sister Bergeson

P.S. The title of this email is totally what Mainers love to say (in their great accents of course!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment