Friday, May 30, 2014

May 26, 2014 Bethel, Maine

The Start of a New Adventure
Family!!                                    May 26, 2014
Hey hey!  So, I hope that you’ve all had a super fantastic Memorial Day weekend! :)  Thanks for the letters.  I got them on Saturday and I loved hearing about how things are going!  Sounds like the trip to NYC was great, and holy cow, I can’t believe school is almost over!  Crazy!  Summer is just around the corner.  But I sure am enjoying spring!  I can’t believe how green it is here!  The new leaves are beautiful and the flowers are growing.  It’s great.  I just love it! :)  I’ve really got to prepare myself for the bugs though.  I’m determined not to have as many bites as I did last year!
Alright, so I’ll get right to transfers!  After we got sister May’s stuff all packed up and she said her goodbyes, we got home and conked out up in our loft which was a blast!  Then woke up at 3:30 am to get ready for a super long day.  I needed to go to transfer meeting to get my new missionary, but we needed to drive to Augusta first to drop off Sister May to meet her new companion and go to her new area, then we picked up 2 other sisters and drove to Salo, Maine where we dropped off then picked up another.  After all that we finally made it to Manchester, New Hampshire!   Hooray!  And… I met my new companion, Sister Banda!  Fresh out of the MTC :)  She is from Moses Lake, Washington and really nice!  I’m really grateful that I get the opportunity to train her.  It will most certainly be a growing experience!  Yep!  After the meeting we drove a sister back to Augusta then finally arrived back in Bethel, which made it 10 hours in the car.  Sister Lilly was the best to take us all that way!
Training isn’t really what I expected, not like I even knew what to expect.  It’s been weird having to explain so many aspects of missionary life that have become super normal to me.  Also, teaching has been much different, but I’m so grateful for how hard Sister Banda’s working and her desire to be the best missionary she can be!  It is going to be great! :)
This week went by so fast!  It’s all a blur!  We had a bunch of member meals which was definitely a highlight!  I just love them so much because it really helps us get to know the ward members better!  I just love the Oxford Ward so much!  We were also able to teach quite a few lessons!  Great practice for Sister Banda and I :)  A highlight this week was definitely Michael.  He has been doing so much better!  I’ve loved seeing his growth, and he was telling us all about how he knows he’s not alone and that God loves him, no matter what.  It’s such a miracle!  He also called and told us he found the Bible videos online and he loves them!  Another awesome thing was that Jess went to the temple!  (to do baptisms) She said she felt the Spirit really strong and absolutely loved it :)  I’m so happy for her!
Something that has helped me this week is a quote Sister Wallentine shared with me when I was being trained, “Don’t be afraid to make choices  because you are afraid to make mistakes” – Elder Carl B. Cook.  I feel like I’ve had to make so many decisions this past week!  It has definitely been more stressful, but I feel like I’ve learned a lot already.  I know I can’t do this alone, and I need to rely on my Heavenly Father to help me along.  He’ll help me when I make righteous decisions and when I have good intent.  I’ve just got to make the first step and act!  This will be quite the adventure!  I’m looking forward to the ride! :)
Well, I hope you have a fantastic week!  I love you so much!!
Sister Bergeson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment