Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Bethel Maine, June 24, 2014

Might as Well :)

Family, family!!             June 23, 2014

Hey! So, I hope that you have had a totally fantastic week!  It has been great here in Bethel!  Week 6 of the transfer starts today, holy cow, where has the time gone?  The weather has been picture perfect :)  Love it so much!  It has been busy, and I have a bunch I feel like I want to write and a pretty short amount of time, so I'm going to dive right in! :)

Sister Banda is pretty awesome!!  We had a great week as a companionship!  Hooray for being able to communicate openly and honestly!  Definitely brought us closer, and we're going to be able to help each other a lot more now.  I'm so grateful for the chance I have to train her, I've already learned so much from her :)  

We did a lot of finding this week, but as far as the people we're teaching, we were able to go out to lunch with two of our investigators, Andrea and Don, which was fun!  Andrea is moving pretty soon to Rhode Island which will be weird, it has been such an adventure teaching her!  We also taught Arleen, Michael, and Doris, which was great.  Michael is doing super fantastic!  He has such a desire to be baptized, and the church is pretty much his greatest strength right now.  We set a baptism date with him for July 18th! :)  It has been a hard week for him though.  We found out a couple of days ago that he has lung cancer.  We didn't even know what to think at first, but after talking with him about it we know he'll be fine, he has so much faith and will accept God's plan for him, whatever it is.  They caught it at the early stages and are going to see what options he has to get the tumor out.  We've been praying a lot for him.  

Besides the sad news, we were able to see a lot of miracles this week.  Small, but they definitely were what I needed!! :)  We had zone interviews, and those are always amazing!  I love being able to talk to president.  He's amazing!  In our zone meeting we talked about overcoming our doubts.  That pretty much set the tone for me the rest of the week.  I am so grateful for my district and zone leaders (who are in my district).  They help push me to work harder.  One of the zone leaders is incredible at finding and talking with everyone, and his favorite saying right now is, "might as well."  We've tried to adopt that saying into our companionship and it has worked miracles!  It all started on exchange after interviews.  We had a bit of tracting planned and we decided we were going to talk with everyone, and boy, it was so much fun!!  We were able to go up to some construction workers on break and find a potential investigator.  Even though they looked super intimidating, we decided we might as well go up to them, and we were totally blessed for it!  When we exchanged back we were walking down a street and saw a house under construction a ways off the road.  We decided we might as well see if anyone was there, and what do ya know?  We found a potential family!  Two days ago we were walking down a deserted road only to find some seemingly deserted condos up by Sunday River.  We were about to pass them when I spotted a flower pot on one of the porches, we decided we might as well go see, and we ended up teaching a lady the Restoration and she said she would read the Book of Mormon and pray about it!  Although we weren't able to find any new investigators, we planted a lot of seeds because we decided we might as well just talk with everyone and follow every good thought!  It was probably the most exciting week of finding I've ever had.  Yep it was kinda scary, but super fulfilling!!  I feel like my prayers to increase my faith and desire to find are being answered, mainly because I've taken the first step to change and let Christ do the rest.  Still not great at it, but I feel like I'm climbing higher :)  It is hard work, but what isn't if it is what Christ wants us to do?  I know that he'll help me as long as I'm diligent and have faith in Him.  This is His work and He'll direct me and strengthen me as long as my desires are His desires.  

I'm excited to see what next week brings!  Have a fantastic week too family!  Love you all so much!!

Feed your faith and doubt and fear with starve to death!
Sister Bergeson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment