Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014 Bethel, Maine

Who am I?
Family Dearest,                      July 28,2014

I hope that you have all had a super awesome and fantastic week!! :)  It is unreal that July is almost done.  It has been a pretty great July though!  Our apartment has been a lot less hot than I thought that it was going to be, which has been a pleasant surprise!  This week has been another pretty crazy one, but good! 

I'm thinking I'll work backwards today, cause well, yesterday was just so exciting :)  We got ready for church and headed out like we do every Sunday, but we learned when we got to the Young's (members that give us rides to church, love them!) that church would be a lot different than usual.  In fact we would only have Sacrament meeting and it was going to be held in the Primary room.  Can you say fun!?!  Apparently some speaker system that was in the ceiling came loose in a chapel somewhere so any building that had ceiling speakers in the chapel couldn't use it until they had been inspected for safety.  Well our cultural hall has the same speakers, so it wasn't useable either.  Last resort was the little primary room :)  Even though we were totally packed in there and there were people sitting all over in the hall, I liked it because it just showed how close this amazing ward is! I love them so much, and I felt the spirit so strong during that meeting! :)  Our plans totally changed though, which worked out for the best in our case.  Sister Ripley, a super great member, took it upon herself to drive us around for like 4-5 hours visiting members and less actives.  It was quite the adventure!! :)  We got to met some pretty great families!!  Quite the exciting day!

Saturday we got to do some unexpected gardening at our Methodist friend's farm :)  We pulled up so many pea plants and I got tons of bug bites, but they totally loaded us up with fresh produce, so it was worth it! :)  Also, I finally caught a frog, so now that can officially be checked off of my bucket list!  Friday, we saw Michael, and he has been doing great with not drinking coffee, he is just working on smoking.  He is almost there, he's just got to keep trying!!  We read with him in Daniel chapter 1 (loved studying this chapter!!), and I love how at the end Daniel does 10 times better than anyone else.  I know that, like I learned from our mission president, for everything we sacrifice, we're blessed tenfold! 

Thursday everything fell through for us, so we went to our backup plans...tracting!  It has been kinda crazy seeing this turn into a major finding area, especially after having had taught so many lessons in a transfer with S. May awhile ago.  But, that is what needs to happen!  So, we find!  And we were able to find a great potential investigator!  It was exactly what I needed at the time.  He is just pretty confused about religion and didn't believe that any one church had all of the truth.  I loved being able to bear my testimony to him that I know that this church does have the whole truth because I've asked and learned it from the spirit which brings me peace.  It was great being able to answer his questions about the church and see his interest grow! 

Alright, so now that I'm running out of time I've got to get to the best part of the week! ...ZONE CONFERENCE!!!!!  It was so amazing! Exactly what I needed :)  I feel like I always learn so much at zone conferences, it is pretty great!  I also got to see Sister May and her aunt and cousin, Sister Dauk and her daughter (some of the greatest members in the Ellsworth Branch)!!!!!!  When world collide...  It was so awesome!! I loved being able to talk with them and learn about the great people in Ellsworth!!  Kaila is pregnant, along with Valerie!! :)  And Valerie and Jason still have their sights set on the temple :)  And are bringing their friend into the gospel as well which was great to hear!!  James is also doing fantastic!  Ahh... I just love Ellsworth!!  Anyways, something else exciting at zone conference was that Sister Banda and I (along with Elder Petersen and Sister May) did a musical number.  I played the violin, and it was actually really fun :) 

But, now for the good stuff!  President Stoker started off the meeting by asking, "Can I do all the Lord expects me to do?"  Then he read some great scriptures.  The ones that really stuck out to me were in Exodus 3:11-12.  I love Moses, he is such a great example to me.  He did so much, but in verse 11 he talks about how weak he feels.  He says, "Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?  I can definitely say I feel that way a lot.  But the Lord's response to him really gives me hope. He says, "Certainly I will be with thee."   The Lord's grace is sufficient, and no matter my weakness, he'll make me strong if I'll only humble myself.  I'm so grateful for this knowledge!!  Also for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation.  I know that I'm a daughter of God and that He loves me!  He loves all of us, which is the reason there is this plan.  President also said something that I really liked, God's personal plan for me is contained in my patriarchal blessing.  There it shows my full potential of who He can help me become.  I've been studying my blessing a lot this week, and it has been incredible.  I feel like I've learned a lot from it, and I'm so grateful to have this wonderful tool directly from God to me that I can use throughout my life!  The gospel truly helps keep my vision clear in this awful muggy world!

Love you all!!  Have a great week!!

"We are what we believe we are" - C.S. Lewis
Sister Bergeson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment