Monday, October 21, 2013

Oct. 14, 2013 Bucksport Maine


  The Touch of the Master's Hand
Family!!                          Oct. 14, 2013

Hello, hello!!  I hope that October is treating you all well! I can't believe how fast it is going, really!  I hope that things will start to slow down for you, mom!  And Lizzie, I can't believe that you are 11 years old!  I hope that you had the best birthday ever!  Dixie sounds like a cute little puppy, you should send me a picture of her :)  I heard that it has been snowing in Utah or something. That is pretty crazy if it's true!  The weather has been pretty amazing here in Maine, like, perfect fall weather :)  I did go to the store last week and buy some warmer clothes though because I've got to be prepared for what has been rumored to be the coldest winter in a while...not so fun, but I'll have the warmth of the spirit right? :) Yep, yep!!
So, where to start with this week?  It flew right by!  We went on two exchanges, and they were both pretty sweet!  I've had so much fun going on lots of exchanges, and I learn so much from them!  Um..also a fun fact- I bought almond milk this week, and I may be converted to it.  It really isn't as bad as I thought it would be, and it is much healthier than 2% milk.  I just hate feeling like I'm eating such unhealthy stuff all the time.  No good!  Also another fun thing we did this week was that we had a fun finding day and switched it up a bit.  We went to the hospital and a funeral home and signed up as clergy.  It was an adventure.  We taught the primary, which was another adventure!  It was a lot of fun, and it is crazy how much the spirit was there, even when they got wiggly :) We also enjoy throwing marshmallows into each others mouths. Lots of fun!! 
So, on a more spiritual note, I just feel like I have learned so, so much this transfer about my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I don't even know where to begin!  So, although we don't really have many investigators we are meeting with, we have been calling James like twice every week to teach him over the phone, and that has been going amazing.  It is crazy how much he is learning and wanting to change.  He loves the Book of Mormon, and he has finished it two times!  We have taught him all of the lessons and we are continuing to call and follow up on questions from his reading and so on.  I just can't believe how much he has changed!  I can just tell in his voice.  He pretty much bore his testimony to us yesterday, and he told us that everything has been falling into place in his life recently.  It is truly amazing the conversion that has taken place in him. 
It reminds me of Kaila :)  But, it kinda seems like there was an equal and opposite reaction with her spiritual high.  Her life was already hard, and now it seems like it is crumbling apart.  She found out that her grandpa had cancer and doesn't have too much longer to live.  It has just been really hard, and we don't know what we can do.  We can love her, I know that, but it is just hard because we haven't been able to see her too much.  She has been staying with her aunt sometimes and trying to help her crazy situation out.  The Lord has definitely given her trials, and we just hope and pray that she holds on to the gospel and everything that we have taught her.  She changed so much, but she has to keep relying on the Lord.  It's hard to put the natural man aside, but that is what God asks of us.  Endure to the end. 
I feel like I have learned so much more about enduring this transfer.  Things can be slow sometimes, but I find miracles in small moments when I stick it out with a smile on :)  I feel like I have really been working on turning my heart to the Savior and aligning my will to His.  It has been something that has been on my mind a lot lately, and it has come up in my scripture study a lot.  Ahh, personal scripture study!  It is my favorite!! :)  I love having time to really search the scriptures and apply them to my life, and I find such comfort and peace when I do :)  I have been going through and reading and pondering the new testament hand in hand with Jesus the Christ, and it has been amazing.  I have grown a stronger and stronger testimony that He truly is the Master Teacher.  I studied about Him feeding the 5,000 today, and I feel like my life has been changed.  I feel like it applied to me so much.  The lad with the 5 loaves and two fish gave everything he had to the Savior.  It wasn't much, but he allowed the Savior to bless it and brake it, and it ended up feeding 5,000 people until they were filled.  I feel like that lad.  Here in the mission field I feel so weak sometimes.  But, I know I have something to offer, no matter how small it is.  I know that as I give my will, talents, time, my all to the Savior, he will magnify my offering and I will be filled along with many others.  I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me.  I really do.  I know that under His hand I can do all that He would have me if I just surrender my will to His. 
There is a poem that I absolutely love that you must go and read. It is called, "The Touch of the Master's Hand" by Myra Brooks Welch.  It is in the September 2013 Ensign, and it is amazing, and so true.  I know that the Savior can change lives.  I have seen Him change my companions, people who I've taught, and I have seen how he has started to change me as I continue to progress here in Maine.  It doesn't mean that it is easy, but I know that it will be worth it!! :) 
The next not easy thing that I'll have to go through is coming right around the corner.  Transfers.  Sister Wallentine, my trainer, will have completed an honorable mission coming up here soon, and it will be so weird not being her companion.  She has taught me so much about the Savior, and I know that she has been such an influence for good in my life. I am just so grateful for her!!  I have no idea what is going to happen with transfers other than that though. It truly is all up to the Lord!  I'm grateful that no matter what happens I can continue learning of Him and growing through my experiences :)  I know that He will shape me into who I need to be if I let Him. 
Missions are wonderful!  I am so grateful that I can be an instrument in God's hands because I know that He is the source of true strength, hope, love, and conversion.
I love you so much and have an amazing week! Look for the change that comes at the touch of the Master's hand as you give Him everything you have!
Sister Bergeson :)


No comments:

Post a Comment