Monday, October 7, 2013

Oct. 7, 2013 Bucksport, Maine

Faith in Every Footstep
Family Dearest!                                               Oct. 7, 2013
This week has been pretty amazing!  I feel like there is so much that I want to write about but I don't know how to say it all without everything coming out all jumbled.  But, I guess I'll try.  First of all, how are all of you doing?  I've just loved the letters that you write :) I hope that you had a fantastic conference weekend!  I know that that was most certainly the highlight of my week!! 
But before I talk about conference I have to tell you about our miracle this week!!  So, as you know we have been really struggling finding people to teach, and it has certainly been a trial of our faith.  But the hard times definitely prepare you for the good!  Wednesday was that hard day for me.  We got a text from Kaila that pretty much said that she is having the hardest time right now and she doesn't know what to do.  She and her husband have started fighting again and her daughter has been really sick for some time.  ..Satan...  She said she wanted some time to sort it all out herself, and we really didn't know what to do.  So, we prayed about it and we decided to call her and ask if she wanted Autumn to have a blessing and she agreed.  I'm still not exactly sure how everything is going with her, but certainly keep her in your prayers!  That was a pretty rough night for me.  However, the day that followed was quite the opposite!  We went to contact a former investigator and met one of the sweetest girls who wants to learn more about the gospel!  She wants us to teach her!!!  It is such a blessing :)  She was raised Catholic, but disagreed with some things they taught.  Then she got into drugs when she was a teenager and now she is in her mid 20's with a five year old boy that she wants to raise with a religion, but she hasn't found one yet.  She told us that our church was about the only one she hadn't looked into and she is excited to learn more!!  I am so grateful that we have to opportunity to teach her the gospel because I know that it is exactly what her family needs!! :)  I am just so grateful that we have the chance to help her develop a relationship with her Savior :) 
The rest of this week just flew by!  Things have been going well with our trio, and I feel like I can be open with them :)  Being open..it is such a necessity to building any relationship!  I have most certainly learned that!! :) Yep, yep!!  

Can I just say that I LOVE general conference!  It is amazing and I felt the spirit so strong in every session.  We are so blessed that we can listen to the council of living prophets in our day!  I know that I received answers to the questions that I asked and I have a renewed desire to serve God and His children.  I feel like I just learned so much and I don't even know how to write the half of it!  Really.  One thing that I have been thinking a lot about that was discussed a lot is enduring to the end. Every morning that I wake up I have to make decisions, like Elder Nelson talked about.  They are little, but they have eternal significance.  I decide whether or not I get out of bed before 6:30, whether or not I say my prayers in the morning, whether or not I exercise and whether or not I study personally from the scriptures.  These choices effect every aspect of my day.  They are small and simple things, but they bring to pass great things!  I feel like that is exactly how life is.  Making small decisions day by day that effect how my life will be in eternity.  Thinking about it gives me such a broader perspective about what my Savior wants me to do.  He wants me to choose Him!  However, life is hard.  Satan's only desire is to drag us down with him and he makes it seem like the little things aren't very important.  He justifies doing a little sin, even though, as we know small things bring about great things, good or bad.  Trials, temptations, and challenges come, but that is exactly why we have the Atonement.  I have never felt so close to my Savior in my life than out here serving a mission for Him.  I know He is with me every step of the way.  As I've been thinking about this, I've been thinking about Grandma Otto.  There were a couple of people that talked about looking to the examples of ancestors, and I know that the more I learn about how Grandma lived her life the more I want to emulate her.  She was most certainly a pioneer, and she walked with faith in every footstep.  She relied on God and kept her head up through the challenges that came her way.  I know she wasn't perfect, but she is one of my greatest hero's because I feel like she is a marvelous example of enduring to the end.  These are perilous times and I feel like conference was a call for us to come to Christ, rely on Him, stand strong, endure to the end, be an example to others, and share the gospel with them.  I know that the more that I've learned about my Savior the more that I want to shape my life after His, and the more I want to help others grow to know about His plan.  Because I have the gospel I have the great responsibility to share it with others, and Christ has promised me help as I follow Him and do the little things.  I just want to let you know family that I have such a strong testimony of the little things!  I know that prayer is direct communication we can have with God if we do so with a sincere heart.  I know that the scriptures have changed my life as I've diligently prayed to understand them and apply them in my life.  I know that the Atonement is real and Christ is waiting with open arms for us to come to Him :)  I know that as we do the little things we can endure anything!  What a blessing to know in the conditions of the world today!  I am so grateful for the gospel and the hope and joy that it brings into my life.  I know that by taking life one step at a time, with each little decision, relying on Jesus Christ, we can reach our divine potential!  Slowly but surely building the kingdom of God on earth with faith in every footstep!! :)

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ!  I love our prophet Thomas S. Monson!  I love you family! 
Have a great week!
Sister Bergeson

No comments:

Post a Comment